Frequently Asked Questions
I want to get the most out of my consult with Dr. Lawenda. What information will he need prior to my scheduled consult/follow up?
You have the option of completing your visit with Dr. Lawenda in the office, by video (Zoom) or by phone call.
The cost is based on a 30-minute or 60-minute follow up or consult with Dr. Lawenda. You can find pricing information by visiting our Plans & Pricing page.
What tests are recommended for foundation information Dr. Lawenda thinks would be useful for cancer promoting physiological factors?
- Your nutrient status (NutrEval Micronutrient Test)
- Your insulin sensitivity/resistance (included in Basic Functional Lab Tests)
- Your inflammation status (included in Basic Functional Lab Tests)
- Your microbiome health (GI-MAP Stool Test)
- Your stress hormones, estrogen metabolites, methylation function and melatonin (DUTCH Assays)
You can find more information by visiting our Lab Tests page.
Are there any medications, foods, conditions, or other factors that could interfere with the results of a Cyrex test?
Yes. While Cyrex is unable to provide an exhaustive answer to this question due to the interactive complexities and varieties of medications and circumstances, the following has been noted:
- Immunosuppressant and corticosteroid drugs can reduce antibody production and cause false negative results.
- A gluten-free diet can cause false negative results.
- Avoid eating a high fat meal prior to your blood draw to prevent your specimen being lipemic. Lipemic specimens are rejected by Cyrex Labs and recollection will be required.
Yes, see below. If you are a resident of one of these states and are interested in testing, please reach out to us by emailing email@example.com to discuss your options.
- GENOVA MICRONUTRIENT TEST: New York
- GI-MAP STOOL TEST: New York
- DUTCH TESTS: New York, Rhode Island, Maryland
AboutDr. Brian Lawenda
In addition to being a radiation oncologist, integrative oncologist, functional medicine practitioner and medical acupuncturist, Dr. Brian Lawenda is also the founder of Integrative Oncology Essentials, the medical director at GenesisCare (Kennewick, WA); and a clinical associate professor at Floyd College of Medicine, Washington State University. After graduating from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, he completed his internship in general surgery with the Naval Medical Center San Diego, and later served his residency in radiation oncology at the Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital. There, he was appointed chief resident of the Harvard Combined Radiation Oncology Program.