Micronutrient Test + Vitamin D (Genova Diagnostics NutrEval)
This test provides a metabolic analysis assessment with information on 45 key organic acids. By measuring these biomarkers, they provide insight into malabsorption and dysbiosis, cellular energy and mitochondrial metabolism, neurotransmitter metabolism, vitamin deficiencies, and toxin exposure and detoxification needs. There are additional tests that are useful too.
- Amino Acids analysis features either plasma (37 total) or urine (41 total) amino acids. This assesses nutritionally essential and non-essential amino acids, intermediary metabolites that augment an understanding of B vitamin need, and the need for support of protein digestion and absorption.
- Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis provides a high-level overview of the balance of various families of fatty acids in relation to each other: omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids; saturated fatty acids; and monounsaturated omega 7 and trans fats. It also provides key ratios for understanding cardiovascular risk, including the omega 3 Index.
- Elemental Profiles provide information in two categories: nutrient elements, which evaluates intracellular nutrient status, and toxic elements, which evaluate short-term toxic element exposure.
- Oxidative Stress biomarkers highlight the current state of oxidative stress and reserve capacity. Markers of oxidative injury assess cell membrane (lipid peroxides) and DNA (8-hydroxydeguanosine/8-OHdG) damage, while direct measurement of glutathione and CoQ10 provide insight into antioxidant reserve available to counter free-radical impact.
Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids
While omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids are beneficial, they work best when the ratio between omega 3 and omega 6 is 3 to 1. When this number is reversed, it means that the consumption of omega 6 fatty acids is too high and may cause inflammation.
Fatty acid measures are included in tests provided by Genova Diagnostic.
Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy
Recent research has shown that vitamin D is important to every cell and tissue throughout the body. As such, this is one of the best-studied micronutrients, especially because it is directly involved with the inflammatory and immune pathways. Adults and children are frequently deficient.
This is included in Genova’s NutrEval test.
Turnaround time for results is about three weeks from time blood sample is received.
All Orders Receive:
- Test kit shipped directly to the address provided.
- Step-by-step test collection instructions.
- Email support from IOE Program within 24 hours to confirm shipping address.
- Prepaid FedEx shipping label for the submission of a sample.
- Written report that summarizes all test findings emailed to you as a PDF file.
- The option to receive additional insight into these findings by Dr. Lawenda.
**NEW YORK RESIDENTS: Restrictions apply. If you are interested in this test, please reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering.
**INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Restrictions apply. Please contact us to confirm availability by emailing email@example.com. Testing not available in all areas outside of U.S.**
Why Is This Test Important?
Dr. Lawenda recommends getting your micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) tested. Some assays also include testing of your amino acids and fatty acids. These are important compounds that are required for the proper functioning of every enzyme and cell in your body. Deficiencies are very common, and can lead to systemic-wide effects that can promote cancer progression and numerous chronic health conditions (i.e. insulin resistance, systemic inflammation, impaired immunity, weight gain, cardiovascular disease, cognitive/memory/mood problems, etc.)
Deficiencies are typically not associated with obvious symptoms (i.e. it’s very rare to get scurvy or a massive goiter in the modern era), but inadequate levels of these nutrients still wreak havoc throughout the body. If you don’t get your levels tested, there is no way you will know if you are deficient and the degree of the deficiency.
Testing gives you a window into this important factor of your underlying health, which enables you to take corrective steps to increase your intake of specific micronutrients. Over time, repeat testing is recommended to make sure any deficiencies have been adequately corrected.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.