SpectraCell Basic Lab Panel
Insulin, Glucose, Hemoglobin A1c, hs-CRP, C-Peptide, Adiponectin, Leptin, Triglycerides, Total HDL Particles
The Basic Lab Panel includes a fasting glucose, insulin, hsCRP, hemoglobin A1C, C-peptide, adiponectin, leptin, triglycerides, and HDL cholesterol. Specifically, it provides insight into metabolism, including health of the kidneys, blood glucose level, and electrolyte and acid/base balance. Abnormal results, and especially combinations of abnormal results, can indicate a problem that needs to be addressed.
- Glucose – snapshot of blood sugar at time of blood draw
- Insulin – correlates to the efficiency with which a person can metabolize carbohydrates; high fasting levels indicate insulin resistance and possible pre-diabetes
- hsCRP – excellent measure of inflammation in the body
- Hemoglobin A1C – long term (2-3 months) marker of glycemic control; also considered a marker of accelerated aging
- C-peptide – a measure of endogenous insulin production; useful in distinguishing between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Adiponectin – a hormone that ezymatically controls metabolism; high levels beneficial and indicate efficient cellular energy production
- Leptin – called the “satiety” hormone because it regulates the appetite centers in the brain to decrease hunger; chronically high levels linked to obesity and can indicate leptin resistance (dysfunctional appetite regulation)
- Triglycerides – the most common type of fat in the body
- HDL Cholesterol – also called the “good cholesterol”
Turnaround time for results is about three weeks from time blood sample is received.
All Orders Receive:
- Test kit shipped directly to the address provided.
- Step-by-step test collection instructions.
- Email support from IOE Program within 24 hours to confirm shipping address.
- Prepaid FedEx shipping label for the submission of a sample.
- Written report that summaries all test findings emailed to you as a PDF file.
- The option to receive additional insight into these findings by Dr. Lawenda.
Why Is This Test Important?
The Basic Lab Panel provides healthcare providers the most important information about someone’s metabolism, including the current status of your kidneys as well as electrolyte and acid/base balance and level of blood glucose. It is generally considered routine and typically evaluated together to look for patterns of results. These tests often help medical provides screen for kidney issues, breathing problems, and diabetes related complications.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.